screening dates, articles
Screenings Calendar 2012
- November 1st – November 11th – CPH:DOX, Copenhagen
- October 10th – October 17th – Cinemigrante Film Festival, Buenos Aires
- September 7th – November 11th – Gwangju Biennale, South Korea
- September 15th – November 25th - Liverpool Biennial, Liverpool
- April 15th – Halifax Independent Filmmakers Festival
- April 23rd – Tate Modern, London
- March 12th – March 29th – Wales One World Filmfestival, Cardiff
- March 13th – March 25th – Environmental Filmfestival, Washington
- March 13th – Dundee Contemporary Arts
- March 5th – Edinburgh Filmhouse
- February 17th – Glasgow Film Theatre
- February 15th - Anthology Film Archives, New York
- February 13th – Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), New York
- January 15th – Museum of the Moving Image, New York
- January 5th – March 15th – May 13th – Documentary Edge Festival, Auckland & Wellington
Screenings Calendar 2011
- November 17th – December 4th 2011 - Brighton Film Festival
- November 11th – November 13th - Certamen de Cine de Viajes del Ocejón
- November 11th – November 18th - Bilbao International Filmfestival Majaelrayo
- November 4th – December 3rd - Tutti Nello Stresso Piatto, Trento
- November 9th – November 20th - Montreal International Filmfestival
- October 27th – Irish Film Institute, Galwin
- October 29th – Irish Film Institute, Dublin
- October 8th – LACMA, Los Angeles
- September 17th – September 22nd - Kiev Filmfest
- August 11th – La Rada, Locarno
- July 21st – July 31st – Era New Horizons - Warsaw
- June 24th – July 4th - Filmfest Munchen
- May 30th – June 28th - Festival of Art Alternativa, Gdańsk
- May 24th – Bureau Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam
- May 7th – May 14th – MarFici, Mar del Plata
- May 6th – May 7th – HotDocs Film Festival, Canada
- May 4th – May 5th – Reina Sofia, Madrid
- April 22nd – April 23rd – Block Cinema, Chicago
- April 29th - May 7th - Docville, Leuven
- April 29th – May 6th – Jeonju International Film Festival, Seoul
- April 6th – April 17th – Buenos Aires Independent Film Festival, Buenos Aires
The Forgotten Space at Hot Docs 2011
On the 6th and 7th of May The Forgotten Space will screen at the Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival. This is the largest documentary festival in North America. Hot Docs takes place between the 28th of April and the 8th of May and features over 150 films from all over the world.
The Forgotten Space at ZagrebDox 2011
At the seventh edition of ZagrebDox The Forgotten Space will be shown in the 'State of Affairs' program. ZagrebDox, the largest international documentary film festival in the regio, will take place at Kaptol Centre’s Movieplex cinema. Throughout eight festival days, the Zagreb audience will have the opportunity to see more than 140 current documentaries from around the world.
Lezing en Filmvertoning
Vrijdag 19 februari 2011 om 14 uur in LantarenVenster te Rotterdam.
Entree € 15 / € 12 (voor studenten/jaarkaarthouders van het Fotomuseum)
Na de filmvertoning van The Forgotten Space zal regisseur Allan Sekula vertellen over zijn werk en de film.
Eveneens zal regisseur Noël Burch hierbij aanwezig zijn. Het gesprek wordt geleid door Sven Lütticken en zal ongeveer 45 minuten duren.
Television broadcast VPRO Holland Doc
VPRO Holland Doc will broadcast the The Forgotten Space on Thursday 27th of January 2011 at 23.50 h (Nederland 2). A 75 minutes version of the film with Dutch voice-over was made especially for this occasion.
Top 3 mention for the Forgotten Space
Film critic Jonathan Rosenbaum put ‘The Forgotten Space in his top 3 of best undistributed films of 2010 (undistributed in the VS that is), right after ‘Film Socialism’ and ‘Lowlands’.
From 1987 until early 2008, Rosenbaum was the principal film critic at the Chicago Reader. His books include The Unquiet American, Discovering Orson Welles, Essential Cinema, Movie Wars, Abbas Kiarostami (with Mehrnaz Saeed-Vafa), Movie Mutations (coedited with Adrian Martin), Movie Wars, Dead Man, Movies as Politics, Greed, Film: The Front Line 1983, Midnight Movies (with J. Hoberman), Placing Movies, and Moving Places.
Screening Filmhuis Emmen
In het kader van de Documentairedag Drenthe op 23 januari 2011, zal The Forgotten Space vertoond worden in Filmhuis Emmen. Aanvangstijd: 17.00 uur. Andere documentaires die in het programma zijn opgenomen zijn onder andere: Weemoed en Wildernis van Digna Sinke en Jeanine van Paul Cohen.
Screening at Kasteel Groeneveld
On the 28th of December 2010 The Forgotten Space will be screened at Kasteel Groeneveld. This special screening is part of the film festival ‘New Harvest!’.
Tuesday December 28 2010, at 14.30 h – Filmzaal Kasteel
Special Mention of the Jury at Gijon
“We are proud to announce that The Forgotten Space received a Special Mention of the Jury (Non Fiction Competition) at the 48 Ficxixon Festival Internacional de Cine de Gijon:“because it is a good example of film essay as a privileged way to develop the urgent task of thinking about the world”. The film was part of the section “Llendes”. This section included ‘risky bets, extreme approaches, unorthodox films… a new experience in the audio-visual field’. Click here to see the complete list of awards.”
10 maart 2011 vertoning van The Forgotten Space in Filmhuis Oosterbeek.
Industry Screening at IDFA
There will be an industry screening of The Forgotten Space at the IDFA on the 22nd of November 2010 at 14.45h, Munt 13. The producers and co-producers will be present. The film is also included in the Docs for Sale market.
November 18 in Dutch cinemas
The Forgotten Space is being screened in the Dutch cinemas from November 18 2010, starting in Het Ketelhuis Amsterdam, Filmtheater ‘t Hoogt Utrecht and Verkadefabriek Den Bosch.
TFS at Filmmaker Fest Milan
“At the Festival Internazionale di Cinema in Milan The Forgotten Space will be screened on the 26th of November 2010 at 17.00h in Spazio Oberda, via Tadino. The film is included in the international competition program ‘Work and Social Themes’."
TFS at Lens Politica, Helsinki
"The Forgotten Space will be screened at Lens Politica Film and Media Art Festival in Helsinki.
TFS at DocLisboa
DocLisboa previews the best documentaries of the latest season, bringing together a series of in and out of competition programmes, and including retrospectives of internationally acclaimed filmmakers. The Forgotten Space is included in the INVESTIGATION section and will be screened on the following dates: